Alton Brown’s Taco Seasoning
I hope you all had a great Memorial day. My little family went up to South Lake Tahoe to our family cabin for the weekend. We went hiking a couple of times and the kids absolutely loved it.
The cabin was so much fun, too. It was a bit cold so we had to get the fireplace going along with two heaters, but we all had fun.
Today, I’d like to share a great homemade taco seasoning recipe with you. I love making taco at home, but I’m a bit particular when it comes to taco seasoning.
My husband, especially, prefers homemade seasoning to store bought ones – one, because he doesn’t like onions so he can’t stand onion powder in seasonings.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons hot smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl or container. Store up to 1 month in an airtight container.
5 Responses to “Alton Brown’s Taco Seasoning”
Pingback: Enchilada Pasta... - The Mad Mommy -