Bulgogi is one of my favorite Korean food – I think it’s one of almost everyone’s favorite Korean food. I love eating Bulgogi plain or in lettuce wraps but I’m also open to using it in different types of food. Bulgogi Taco is something that I make often and it always turns out wonderfully.
For Bulgogi, I used CJ’s marinaded Bulgogi meat that I purchased from Fresh & Easy supermarket. They carry CJ brand frozen marinaded meat. Excellent quality meat. And it tastes delicious. I am never disappointed with CJ brand anything. It’s about 10-12 dollars and it’s enough to feed at least two people.
It’s CJ’s bibigo and all you need to do is just cook it in pan or grill.
Cook it on cast iron or regular pan until cooked through.
Use about one cup cooked Bulgogi meat to make a burrito. On tortilla, place lettuce, Bulgogi, jalapeno slices and about 1/4 cup cheese. Roll to wrap tight and grill until golden brown.
And this gochujang salsa is the highlight of these yummy burritos! The gochujang salsa is sweet and spicy and I absolutely love it. This salsa is definitely different from regular salsa. Gochujang is added to the salsa. It’s also sweet. Surprisingly, Koreans love sweets. They seem to add sugar to a lot of things, even main dishes. Like Bulgogi for one. Sweet meat. Galbi as well.
- 1 Bulgogi recipe or CJ’s frozen Bulgogi meat
- shredded cheese
- sliced jalapeno
- For gochujang salsa: 4 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced (optional)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ¾ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar (add more or less)
- 3 tbsp Hot Pepper Paste (Gochujang)
- 3 tbsp red onion, diced (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- • Salt and black pepper, to taste
- • 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- • 1 tbsp jalapeno, chopped
- Make Bulgogi (I have a Bulgogi recipe on my site. Just search for it if you want) either from scratch or using CJ’s frozen Bulgogi meat.
- On tortilla, place lettuce, cooked bulgogi meat, shredded cheese and jalapeno. Wrap tight and grill both sides until golden brown.
- To make gochujang salsa, in a blender or food processor, place half of all the ingredients and pulse until uniform and chunky.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and mix with remaining ingredients.
- Keep refrigerated.
Don't miss a post!