After trying Bulgogi Taco for the first time, I’ve been looking for other ways to prepare it here and there. I think one of the best things about bulgogi tacos is the sauce that goes with the tacos. I got to try some sauce using gochujang and mayo together and it was delicious. But this time, I tried to preserve the unique flavor of gochujang in the sauce I made for the tacos.
The sauce was spicy, tangy, and delicious and went great with the tacos. My husband loves Korean food. When I made Bulgogi tacos for the first time, he immediately fell in love with them… and has been asking to make some more often. He loves these soft tortillas – they are more bready, like pita or naan.
I think when the tortillas are more fluffy and bready, the tacos taste even better. I used my favorite bulgogi sauce made by CJ but you can use your favorite Bulgogi sauce recipe to make the actual bulgogi meat.
I like to add thinly sliced cucumbers to my tacos. I usually use a thin slicer to cut them very thin.
Prepare bulgogi meat with your favorite bulgogi sauce. If you don’t have your own bulgogi sauce, you can see my bulgogi posts here.
Thinly slice 1/2 of cucumber.
Microwave small sized fluffy tortillas. To do this, I usually wet paper towel and wrap tortillas with it and microwave for about 20-25 seconds.
Make gochujang topping sauce by combining gochujang, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil.
Top each tortilla with 1/2 cupful bulgogi meat, 3-4 slices of cucumber, and 1 tablespoonful of gochujang sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- 1 Bulgogi recipe
- 8 small flour tortillas
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- For the sauce: 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Sesame seeds to sprinkle
- Prepare bulgogi and set aside. Prepare tortillas by wrapping them in wet paper towel and microwaving for 20-25 seconds.
- Combine gochujang, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil in a bowl. Set aside.
- To make taco; place about ½ cup bulgogi meat on warm tortilla, top it with 3-4 slices cucumber, 1 tablespoonful of the sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Don't miss a post!