Good morning everyone!
It is so nice to be back into the blogging world… with a new look! I always wanted a new look for my blog so I am really happy with the way it looks now!
Today, I want to share one of our family favorite recipes with you. I don’t even remember the very first time we made this recipe but I know it’s been years. Whenever my husband craves sweets, he makes these cookies and these cookies are pretty darn amazing!
I personally prefer oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to regular chocolate chip cookies because of their perfect texture. The oatmeal makes these cookies so wonderfully chewy as well.
My children don’t usually eat oatmeal but they will devour these cookies! I’ll admit, oatmeal isn’t my favorite thing in the world, but man, how they turn into such a magical ingredient in this recipe, I’ll never know!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
yield: 24 COOKIES
prep time: 8
cook time: 12
total time: 20
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs (real eggs work a little better, however, I sometimes replace this with 1/2 cup egg substitute)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls on to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in the oven. (Don’t wait until the cookies are brown – they may be too done) Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.