Some nights, I just don’t feel like spending so much time in the kitchen. Especially since it’s been so hot lately… But this shrimp taco recipe came to a rescue one night; a quick and fast recipe that also tastes so good!
I was so glad when I found prawns in the freezer and a lot of fresh limes in the fridge that I’d completely forgotten about! Then I immediately thought of chili lime shrimp, which is one of my favorites!
And of course, chili lime shrimp in warm soft tortilla is pretty awesome. I topped it with fresh tomatoes, cheese, and some sliced jalapenos.
- Cooking spray
- ¾ cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1½ pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or more; I added about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- warm tortillas
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add ½ cup onions; coat onions with cooking spray. Cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and chili powder; cook 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add lime juice, butter, and salt, and stir until butter melts. Sprinkle with ¼ cup onions.
- Place shrimp in warm tortilla, add tomatoes, cheese, and jalapenos.
Don't miss a post!