Chipotle Wonton Chips with Gochujang Salsa
I’ve been enjoying many delicious recipes using wonton skins lately! I love finding ways to use my favorite wonton skins. Wonton skins are so versatile! There are so many different ways to use them in cooking and baking. You can make wontons (potstickers), tacos, and even desserts! Here are recipes that use wonton skins.
I love chipotle flavor and found some ground chipotle seasoning at Winco the other day. I got so excited and got some. The only problem with that was that it was a little too pricy! But it’s so good and I can’t wait to use it in my cooking more often!
I also got a wonderful “gochujang salsa” recipe from Bridget at CJ. I was so eager to try this recipe since I’d never thought of making salsa using gochujang before. This salsa definitely tastes different from normal salsa that we all love. This salsa has gochujang in it, so it’s much, much spicier (in my opinion). It’s also pretty sweet with brown sugar in it but it is so delicious!
The wonton chips are baked in oven until crisp and gochujang salsa goes really well with these chipotle flavored chips. You can just add salt and black pepper if you want instead of chipotle. I think chili powder might be a great replacement, too!
- For the chips:
- 20 square wonton wrappers, cut into quarters
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning or your favorite seasoning
- For the Gochujang Salsa:
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ⅓ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons gochujang
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves
- ½ tablespoon jalapeno, chopped
- To make wonton chips; spray baking pan with cooking spray. Place wonton wrappers on the sheet evenly. Spray the wrappers with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chipotle seasoning evenly. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make gochujang salsa; combine all salsa ingredients in blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
4 Responses to “Chipotle Wonton Chips with Gochujang Salsa”
Pingback: 6 Ways to Use Wonton Wrappers