I love StumbleUpon… I came upon so many great looking recipes that I want to try.
And this recipe was one of them.
After trying Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt the other day, I was trying to find another healthy snack recipe that I could share with my children.
And it was another awesome success in my kitchen.
I know the idea of combination of chickpeas and peanut butter and chocolate chips sounds a little odd. But man, this was one of the best things I’ve tried.
It tasted like peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough… and I would have never guessed there was chickpeas in it.
My children never eat normal hummus… and this… they licked the bowl clean and asked for more and more.
I am so happy that I found a way for my children to eat chickpeas… It’s so healthy for you.
I learned about chickpeas (or garbanzo beans) only a few years ago when I started blogging. Chickpea recipes were everywhere……. which is when I learned about all the great things about chickpeas.
This hummus is great with whole grain chips or any kinds of chips that you might like.
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas (garbanzon beans), drained and rinsed
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- whole grain chips
- In blender, combine chickpeas, peanut butter, and agave nectar together and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and stir in chocolate chips.
- Serve with whole grain chips
Don't miss a post!