Creamy Chicken Enchilada Wraps
I had some leftover shredded chicken from my Baked Crisp Chicken Burritos the other night and I thought of a good way to use it for lunch yesterday… then I remembered making some enchilada wraps before. It is a little bit similar to the crisp burrito recipe but different in that it’s not baked but grilled, and it has avocados and slightly different seasonings in the filling.
These wraps are so good if you like the combination of cream cheese and chicken together.. I’m a big fan! I made two servings of these wraps but you can double or triple to make more.
I only added avocados but you can add lettuce, tomatoes or any other fresh ingredients that you like in wraps.
You will need about one cup shredded chicken for this recipe. Add chili powder, paprika, chili powder (or taco seasoning), garlic powder, and cumin to the chicken and stir and heat.
Combine cream cheese, sour cream. green salsa and cheese together and add the seasoned chicken and stir together. Slice avocados.
Add green onions and cilantro to the chicken and cream cheese mixture. Place the chicken mixture (you may only need half of the mixture – save the rest in the fridge until ready or make two burritos) in the center of a tortilla. Place sliced avocados and seal the tortilla and grill.
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- ½ teaspoon chili powder (or taco seasoning)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika (paprika)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Mexican cheese
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons green salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tortillas
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add the chicken, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and garlic powder and stir together until heated.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheese, sour cream, and green salsa and stir well with spoon until creamy.
- Add chopped green onions and chopped cilantro to the mixture and stir well.
- Place half of the mixture in the center of a medium sized tortilla, place ½ of avocado (sliced), roll and seal. Repeat with the remaining tortilla and mixture.
- Grill the wraps until heated. Serve with your favorite toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes, etc if desired.