Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups
I love being a food blogger… You know why? Because I get to try different things for the sake of keeping up with my blog. Before I would just cook the same things over and over but since I started my blog several years ago, I’ve always been looking for different ways to cook things up. I try not to cook the same things (unless it’s just downright amazing) too often so that I can experiment in my kitchen and try new things and post about them on my blog.
I have been posting different ideas on how to use leftover wonton skins.. I used to buy wonton skins to make wontons… but now, I think I will buy wonton skins to make tacos, chips, and desserts! Here are wonderful recipes with wonton skins if you’re interested –
These are some of the best ways to enjoy crunchy baked wonton skins. And here’s a new one: Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups.
These make a perfect appetizer… and a perfect lunch in this case, since I had these for lunch yesterday and I was in heaven.
I mixed cream cheese, chipotle, and chopped jalapenos until smooth and creamy and topped wonton skins with a spoonful of the mixture. The chipotle pepper gave them a little heat. But if you don’t want any heat, then omit chipotle pepper.
You will only need 1 chipotle pepper from canned chipotle in abodo sauce. Pulse together 4 ounces cream cheese and 1 chipotle in a food processor until smooth. Add chopped canned jalapeno, about 2 tablespoons to the cream cheese mixture. Place wonton skins in greased muffin tins. Place a spoonful of cream cheese mixture on each wonton skins and push the wonton skins toward the center, like in the pictures above. These are fantastic with sweet chili sauce!
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 small chipotle in adobo sauce (this is 1 chipotle pepper not 1 whole can)
- 2 tablespoons canned jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 8 square wonton skins
- cooking spray
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pulse together the cream cheese and chipotle until smooth and creamy. Add chopped jalapenos.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Place wonton skins in muffin tins. Then top each skins with a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture. Push the wonton skins toward the center.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the wonton skins are golden brown. Serve with sweet chili sauce.
18 Responses to “Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups”
Pingback: Baked Wonton Tacos « Capppo
Pingback: 6 Ways to Use Wonton Wrappers
Pingback: Delicious Appetizers | Pearltrees