I don’t know what it is about Sunday, but I ALWAYS crave sweets on Sunday afternoons. I guess I’m either bored or have too much time on my hand that I just want to spend time cooking and making desserts!
I came across this recipe on my phone app, actually. As soon as I saw a picture of the recipe, I knew I wanted to try it. And luckily, I happened to have all the ingredients at home. Yippee!
And these bars… let me tell you… were AMAZING! These are no-bake s’more bars, so no oven heat necessary. Just put all the ingredients together and cool.
After about an hour of chilling in the fridge, it was just perfect. But you can chill at room temperature for a little longer. So plan ahead.
I sprinkled with some almonds on top but you can skip that, too. I used semisweet chocolate chips but I do think that milk chocolate would be even better, for sure! So how about these nice S’mores? Believe it or not, these bars are definitely “less messy” than the real S’mores!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- ¼ cup butter
- 1¾ cups milk chocolate chips (or semisweet, your choice!)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 whole graham crackers, broken into ½-inch pieces
- Line 8- or 9-inch-square baking pan with foil leaving an overhang on two sides. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Heat 6 cups marshmallows, butter and salt in large heavy duty saucepan over medium low heat, stirring frequently, for 5-10 minutes, until smooth. Remove from heat. Add 1 cup chocolate chips quickly, stirring until melted.
- Working quickly, stir in graham cracker pieces (have the crackers ready to go; the batter hardens quickly!) and remaining 2 cups marshmallows and ¾ cup with greased spatula, pressing down lightly. Cool for 2 hours at room temperature or until set. (I chilled it in the fridge for 1 hour). Lift from pan; peel off foil. Cut into squares with knife.
Don't miss a post!