Simple Idea #2: Healthy Flatbread Pizza for Lunch
This is a great simple recipe for lunch, especially for those who are trying to eat healthy but don’t want to give up all the yummy flavors. This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy fresh veggies. It’s refreshing but also tasty as well.
To make this, I usually get a sandwich flatbread that is a pretty good size but only got 90 calories. But I also like to use English muffins. They all work great. I used to make these with just pepperonis with cheese for my preschool class when I taught them last year and they all loved it so much.
So it’s very simple to make.
What you need are:
- 1 Flatbread Sandwich Wrap or English Muffin
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce or your favorite spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce
- 1/4 artichoke hearts in water, sliced in half
- 1 tomato, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup part-skim Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped or torn
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, place the flatbread. Spread the sauce all over the flatbread. Add the artichokes, tomato slices, Mozzarella cheese, basil, and black pepper.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the flatbread is nicely toasted.
Cut it into 6 squares and enjoy!