I. heart. Spanish rice.
I don’t normally go to Mexican restaurants but when I do, Spanish rice is what I always get.
I’ve often failed making good Spanish rice – so I was reluctant to make it again. But my husband suggested that I use enchilada sauce instead of diced tomatoes.
Then I thought… “Hmm… enchilada sauce with rice? That sounds fabulous!”
So I used my favorite red enchilada sauce. And I added some canned green chilies, too, and it was so good.
I loved it! And I was glad to figure out a way to enjoy delicious Spanish rice at home.
I looked for some corns in the freezer but I guess I ate them all. So no corns added but next time, I will definitely add some corn, too!
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- ½ cup your favorite red enchilada sauce (or more to your liking)
- 1 4oz can diced green chilies
- pinch of salt
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- In large pan, over medium high heat, bring rice and enchilada sauce, stirring together. Add the green chilies, pinch of salt, and cilantro leaves.
Don't miss a post!