If I were to start telling you just how much I love using my slow cooker, this post would never end. I could go on praising about how wonderful slow cookers can be, when you’re in a hurry (somewhat ironic because it’s a “slow” cooker, not fast. But it’s so incredibly easy and quick to assemble all ingredients together in a slow cooker in the morning, and by the time you get home from work or other adventures, your meal is waiting for you.
I love chicken that is cooked in slow cooker. It’s much more tender, and it literally fall apart at one touch. I am also a huge fan of curry. Curry always has been one of my favorites and I’m grateful that I can create a delicious curry meal at home, in my slow cooker!
This recipe is packed with delicious flavors. I love using garam masala. It’s different from the normal curry powder. It’s a great Indian spice you should have in your pantry. The combination of chicken and the potatoes in this delicious garam masala flavored curry is just amazing.
So how about taking out your slow cooker and let it make a delicious meal for you?
- 6 large skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1½ lbs)
- 4 small yukon gold potatoes (or red potatoes), cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1½ teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 14.5 can chicken broth
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt (or use fat-free plain yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- Brown chicken in large skillet over medium high heat, about 3 minutes each side, turning once.
- In a 4 quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, onion, ginger, and garlic. Top with browned chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour broth and tomato sauce over all.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 5½ hours or on high heat setting for 3 hours.
- If using low heat setting, turn cooker to high heat setting. Stir in peas, yogurt, and garam masala. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Don't miss a post!