My four year old has been going to preschool Tuesdays and Thursdays and I’m loving it! Not that I don’t love it when he’s home but it’s nice to be able to drop him off at the school and me and my little 16 months old boy go for an hour long walk.
It’s nice because I rarely spend one-on-one time with my baby. It’s been nice to enjoy some quiet time in the morning!
This recipe doesn’t have chipotle in it. It’s also panfried, not baked. But I really think that I could have baked these, too. Or of course, you can fry them if you want.
I love using wonton wrappers in my cooking.. I never knew that you could make so many variety of things with wonton wrappers. Soon, I will do a recap of all the recipes using wonton wrappers. Some people have asked where they can find these wonton wrappers.
They are usually located in the area where you can get tofu and bean sprouts, or other refrigerated Asian ingredients are.
Some grocery stores only have square ones but occasionally, you can also find round ones… which makes the authentic half moon shaped Korean or Japanese potstickers. These little popper bites are made with the square wrappers.
To make the popper bites, you will need canned jalapenos. Chop jalapenos and you will need about 2 tablespoons.
Combine cream cheese, jalapenos, and smoked paprika (optional).
Place a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture in the center of a square wonton wrapper as shown in the picture above. Wet the edges of the wrapper using your fingertips. Roll lightly to wrap as shown in the picture above.
I didn’t bake these this time, but simply panfried them. But I think baking would work just as good. Just spray the wonton bites with cooking spray and bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
If you prefer panfrying, heat oil in pan and cook the wonton bites until golden brown. Or of course, you can fry them, too! The choice is yours.
Jalapeno Popper Wonton Bites
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons canned jalapeno peppers, chopped
- Pinch of smoked paprika (optional)
- 8 square wonton wrappers
- Oil/cooking spray
- Sweet chili sauce, to serve
- Combine cream cheese, jalapeno peppers, and paprika in small bowl and mix well.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture in the center of wonton wrapper. Wet all edges of the wrapper using fingertips. (Wet your fingertips with water.) Roll gently and seal.
- For baking; spray the prepared wontons with cooking spray and bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, or until the wrappers are golden brown.
- For panfrying; heat about 2 tablespoons olive oil and fry the wontons both sides until golden brown.
- For frying; heat oil and deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce if desired.